Merry Xmas and Happy Holidays!
It’s Christmas, but it doesn’t feel like it. I just couldn’t get into the spirit this year.
Life is going well, but I’m exhausted from 2020.
I’m fortunate that I had savings to get presents this year, despite being unemployed.
It’s a slim year for presents.
Even though I got everything my family asked for, today feels like an ordinary Friday.
I’m fortunate to visit with my family today.
I feel like I haven’t given my best for this Christmas.
I’ve already gotten everything I wished for this year. Friends, reconnected with family, therapy I’ve needed for years, being able to love a kitty again, being able to love again, to move forward in life, and a girlfriend!
I’m at the point in this long distance relationship where I’m wondering if my girlfriend is a catfish. We haven’t met in person yet because of coronavirus. The good news is that we have plans to meet.
Trust but verify.
I’m staying hopeful, but careful.
Damnit don’t be a catfish. No catfish will fool me. Never give a creative person inspiration. I certainly didn’t feel like I’d be this mature about this potential difficult situation a year ago.
Trust but verify. Take no shit, do no harm. Trust yourself, trust patterns. I’m prepared for any result.
Guess I’ll know when her present to me is delivered.
Take no shit, do no harm.
Also known as: “2020 in a nutshell.”
Shopping this year felt like I was the covid Grinch. Behind my masked face was a scowl at every person not masked, or not distanced. Each time out my heart shrunk in size.
I felt like George Bailey in my own wonderful life. I had to be my own angel on the bridge this year. I chose to continue on, and try one more time to get help. My breakdown and suicide attempt led to rebirth. I chose to say: Fuck you depression, no more!
What a wonderful world…
This is the best I can do today. Happy holidays to all. Be safe!
Thank you for reading this, if you enjoyed it, please give it a like, tell me what you think in the comments, and share on Facebook. Don’t forget to subscribe to my email list for updates!
Please wear a mask outside that covers your mouth and nose, wash your hands, clean your cell phone, and keep your physical distance (6 feet) from others to fight Covid-19!
© Reilly Anderson. 2020. All rights reserved.
- Still not recovered
- Struck by Seratonin Syndrome
- On short hiatus for health reasons
- I need help moving out.
- It feels like a new chapter is on the way
- Rejected again
- A gift from a reader, and a repaired cellphone.
- Life with Long Covid
- Let’s Cook: How Baked Alaska turned into Dos Leches.
- Potluck at a Pot Company
- A Covid Infection Anniversary
- Fantasy Football Part 3: The Conclusion and an Unbelievable Finish!
- Blog Goal for 2023: Exceed 2,477 views!
- Dear Readers: due to a bug, this blog isn’t showing on the WordPress Reader…
- The Highs and The Lows of 2022
- New year, New domain!
- Get Boosted! Let this be the last pandemic winter…
- Burned out, Frozen In.
- 2nd Seed; The last two weeks… Fantasy Football episode 2.
- I’m Tired of being Single
- Canna Butter Get a Break?
- Auto-Correct Cat Escape Story
- A Long Shadow over Thanksgiving…
- Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Rolls
- F SEO, Be imperfect. Be good Enough.
I think a merry Christmas wish is the best most us can offer this year.
LikeLiked by 1 person
It really is the little things to appreciate. Merry Christmas!