2020’s Last Impression.
January: The beginning of the end
I hit my goal of working for at least a year at one workplace. Despite all the friends I made there, it was time for a change. At the end of the month, the company closed and everyone was laid off. I’m glad I worked there, and grateful for all the friends made there.
February: Where one door Slams shut, others open.
Old friendships end in an awful way. I never did end up apologizing to that person. I wish I said “I’m Sorry, I can’t do this anymore. I won’t enter your house again, or bother you again.” It’s best we went our own ways. “Sometimes it’s best to leave a relationship broken, than picking up the pieces and hurt yourself. I had to face reality and move on.”
I wasn’t alone anymore because the truth set me free. There was no way for me to continue on like none of this happened. That end marked new chapters with new friends.
March: the Pandemic Saga begins
I was pretty useless in March this past year. I was heartbroken from the rejection-breakup. I had to reevaluate my entire life and life choices because of that loss. I was grieving the death of my 18 year old kitty from December 2019, I was grieving being laid off from a job I liked. It was extremely stressful at home as Mom and I adjusted to being around each other all day at home. I had a nervous breakdown on day two of a new job at the end of February and had to quit that job. I felt suicidal… This time I asked for help from Mom and I went to the hospital. Because of this difficult experience, the psychiatrist there pointed me to the right help. At home, I lived on the couch in comfortable pajamas, wrapped in a blanket. I split my time on the phone, or watching relationship and psychology videos on YouTube. I started seeing my current therapist in March, and started doing groups over zoom too. As of the date of this post, 12/31/20, I haven’t met my therapist in person yet. It’s been a weird year for therapy. Oh and I started this blog on 03/27/20!
April: Bargaining & Depression
Looking back in my journal, I was torturing myself with excessive blame and trying to right my sense of sanity. Worse yet I had to deal with all this grief in a pandemic world away from family and friends. Weekday zoom therapy groups became my social life.
May… More of the same
It was still early into my recovery phase. But this month produced two of my personal favorite blog posts this year:
June: Comfort eating
Brownies, roses, poetry, and Anthony bourdain oh my!
July: The long summer part 1,2, and 3
August: The long summer parts 4,5, and 6.
September never ends: The long summer parts 7-10.
Gumpa passed away at age 92 in September.
October: part 1 of the 2020 election.
November: The election parts 2 & 3.
December: It doesn’t feel like the end.
Happy new year!
Thank you for reading this, if you enjoyed it, please give it a like, tell me what you think in the comments, and share on Facebook. Don’t forget to subscribe to my email list for updates!
Please wear a mask outside that covers your mouth and nose, wash your hands, clean your cell phone, and keep your physical distance (6 feet) from others to fight Covid-19!
© Reilly Anderson. 2020. All rights reserved.
Every blog post in 2020! Happy New year!
- The Holy Grail & Lessons from Teeth
- A Series of Changes
- Chop wood, Carry Water
- Grey again
- Mary Jane’s Last Dance & Disappointment
- New job, New path.
- Duck Season: Chapter 0.5 -rough draft-
- When one door closes, another opens.
- Two weeks notice
- The Return at 37
- Still not recovered
- Struck by Seratonin Syndrome
- On short hiatus for health reasons
- I need help moving out.
- It feels like a new chapter is on the way
- Rejected again
- A gift from a reader, and a repaired cellphone.
- Life with Long Covid
- Let’s Cook: How Baked Alaska turned into Dos Leches.
- Potluck at a Pot Company
- A Covid Infection Anniversary
- Fantasy Football Part 3: The Conclusion and an Unbelievable Finish!
- Blog Goal for 2023: Exceed 2,477 views!
- Dear Readers: due to a bug, this blog isn’t showing on the WordPress Reader…
- The Highs and The Lows of 2022
- New year, New domain!
- Get Boosted! Let this be the last pandemic winter…
- Burned out, Frozen In.
- 2nd Seed; The last two weeks… Fantasy Football episode 2.
- I’m Tired of being Single
- Canna Butter Get a Break?
- Auto-Correct Cat Escape Story
- A Long Shadow over Thanksgiving…
- Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Rolls
- F SEO, Be imperfect. Be good Enough.
- Vote today! It’s Election Day!
- On any given Fantasy Football Sunday
- The Mariners 2022 ALDS… (Part 3 of 3)
- The Mariners 2022 ALDS, Game 1. (Part 2 of 3)
- My Oh My! Mariners! (Part 1 of 3)
- The Fog
- Living with Long Covid
- Close Encounters of the Good Eats kind.
- August Burnout
- Thanks, Migraine.
- Trying Something New
- Unique Opportunity: Epilogue
- Unique Opportunity, Part 2.
- I’m taking a blogging break.
- On second thought, I shouldn’t have blogged that.
- I wish I could be a Hermit
- United in Grief, July 4th 2022
- Moving Mountains
- Close, but no Cigar
- Abortion is a right. It’s not right that it’s gone.
- Existential (Blog) Crisis
- It’s an Anxiety day.
- Self-Evaluation: Catharsis
- Days in a Life
- Self Evaluation
- Step Up!
- The Wind Cries Mary
- A Unique Opportunity
- What if it all works out?
- A month since Taylor Hawkins passed… ☹️
- Rollercoaster Ride of a week…
- Pot Hole
- April Springs Anew
- Year 2 of blogging
- Shifting Winds
- Post Covid
- I caught Covid.
- A New Year, 2022.
- Merry Christmas 2021
- Lazy Pizza